[whatwg] Web Forms 2.0 Substantive - Section 5

Ian Hickson wrote:

>>The text for "application/x-www-form-urlencoded" says
>>  # Use the encoded data set as the query value for a URI formed
>>  # from the action URI and fetch it via HTTP GET.
>>
>>For x-www-form-urlencoded, the URL-escaping happens during the
>>encoding stage. Therefore the encoded data set is already escaped,
>>and can just be appended as the query value.
>
> If you are handling the submission as if the enctype was
> application/x-www-form-urlencoded, then why would you encode the data set
> using application/x-www-form+xml? The whole _point_ is that you use
> application/x-www-form-urlencoded!

Woah. I so *totally* did not get that. Where does it say you
re-encode it before doing the protocol-submission thing?

(For all the other fields, you say "Use the encoded data set",
  which to me means that you've got the stuff already encoded.
  Encoding is even specified in the previous section with no
  caveats about weird stuff happening based on the submission
  behavior matrices.)

~fantasai

--
http://fantasai.inkedblade.net/contact