[whatwg] Suggested changes to Web Forms 2.0, 2004-07-01 working

On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 15:26:51 +0100, Dean Edwards <dean at edwards.name> wrote:
> > Matthew Raymond wrote
> i'm looking at an old date validation function of mine now. it handles
> international date formats and it's about 20 lines of code.

It's not size, it's complexity, the problem is javascript people are
crap, and therefore people won't be doing all this stuff.

> as an aside, javascript is pretty good at validating dates. try this
> snippet:
> alert(Date.parse("3 Aug 1999"));
> cool huh?

Oh yeah it's great, the problem is as I showed before it's also happy
with things like
4.3434234324e12 as a date.

My problem is if anything it's too liberal, not too specific (it's
also not consistent across computer settings which is another problem)

Jim.