[whatwg] several mail addresses in input type email?

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 16:56:39 +0000 (UTC)
On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, Edmund Lai wrote:

> What I am proposing is that WHATWG datatype should be a superset of
> XML Schema Part 2: Datatype,.

Yes, but can you explain exactly what you mean by this? What syntax would
this involve?

> Then we can have list and union of datatypes.

If that is the only reason to use XML Schema datatypes, there are
definitely better ways to achive that goal. As I have pointed out, the XML
Schema datatypes have a large number of problems which would make
importing them into HTML much more work than it is worth, IMHO.

> We can define a datatype once and use it in different places of the web
> page.

Could you give an example of how this would work?

> Again I want to reiterate that XML Schema Part 2: Datatype only concerns
> simpleType and not complexType, so it would not have the complexities of
> the full schema language.

The complexities of XML Schema Part 2 are what is worrying me! :-)