[whatwg] xul (mlists: message 8 of 20)

From: Matthew Raymond <mattraymond@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 16:06:10 -0400
Marius Andreiana wrote:
> How do you see XUL as part on future web apps?
 > It has better widgets than current HTML.

    I see a standardized version of XUL eventually being used in
conjunction with XBL2. In fact, I suspect XUL and XBL will be used in
Mozilla to implement Web Apps 1.0 support.

 > Shouldn't it be mentioned as a complementary part?

    That's difficult to say. WHAT WG was setup to extend existing web
technologies. I'm not sure how such extensions would relate to XUL
unless XUL elements and attributes were copied into HTML/XHTML.