[whatwg] some issues

From: Jim Ley <jim.ley@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 15:05:37 +0100
On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 13:46:30 +0000 (UTC), Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:

> So why do you think that making a change in
> response to a comment you didn't hear is no longer in public?

Because we do not know the motivation for that change, that's a
private decision, if you're just publishing the result of a change,
then you're not developing this publically, it's just like a W3 spec
but with more regular drafts.  We don't know the reasons why things
have changed, that is the most important part of the open, public
process, just that they have.

> In particular, why is a change that I come up with considered "public" but
> a change that someone suggests over lunch no longer public?

It would be fine, so long as the motivations for the change are then
communicated to the list, not just the results of the change.

Jim.