[whatwg] Web Forms 2.0 (WD 30 June 2004): 'separator' Attribute

Ian Hickson wrote:

> Given that older UAs would keep posting with ampersand as the separator,
> wouldn't this cause the servers to have to perform some sort of heuristics
> to determine what the separator was?

In truth I was trying to think long term; I was envisioning a mixed
environment of Web Forms 2.0 UAs and XForms UAs /without/ older HTML
forms UAs, and I think flexibility would be a good thing.  On reflection
perhaps the suggestion is more trouble that it's worth...

Dave