[whatwg] Suggestion: Implementation of Tabbed Forms

From: Malcolm Rowe <malcolm-what@farside.org.uk>
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2004 17:41:31 +0100
Jim Ley wrote:
>>>Your audience for WF-2 is not IE users, it's web form authors, they're
>>>the people you have to provide something new, they demand IE
>>>compatibility, indeed most couldn't care about anything other than IE.
>>Matthew was talking specifically about the Web Applications spec, not
>>about Web Forms 2.
> Oh, so the audience for Web Applications, is not about for backwards
> compatibility?    in that case there are other specs available to do
> the job, no need to bother it.

Did I say it wasn't?

In any case, I imagine it does require *some* level of backward
compatibility - though exactly what form that is is probably not yet
well understood. From the WHATWG charter:

"All specifications produced by this working group must take into
account backwards compatibility, and clearly specify reasonable
transition strategies for authors"
-- http://whatwg.org/charter#back-compat

Regards,
Malcolm