Rendering Unknown Elements and IE Support (was: Re: [whatwg] Suggestion: Implementation of Tabbed Forms)

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 12:05:24 +1000, Lachlan Hunt
<lachlan.hunt at iinet.net.au> wrote:
>  Normally, they wouldn't let us use anything that 90% of their
> audience won't get any benefit from either, but if Web Apps, Web Forms
> and Web Controls offers a clear benefit over supporting IE, then I think
> that situation could change quite rapidly.

What are Web Controls offering you - remember 90% don't see anything
but the degraded state.  (unless you're going to go to your managers
and explain how you're going to add the cost of supporting a large
script library.)

> That's why I don't think the WHATWG should make the
> extensions to HTML, rather than just an XHTML module.

Why have an XHTML module at all?

Jim.