[whatwg] Suggestion: Implementation of Tabbed Forms

From: Jim Ley <jim.ley@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 20:42:54 +0100
On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 14:02:36 -0400, Matthew Raymond
<mattraymond at earthlink.net> wrote:
>    Personally, I'm beginning to think we shouldn't worry about IE. We
> could just tell everyone running IE with Javascript disabled that if
> they want to use Web Apps 1.0, they either need JS turned on or they
> need to get a standards compliant browser.

Your audience for WF-2 is not IE users, it's web form authors, they're
the people you have to provide something new, they demand IE
compatibility, indeed most couldn't care about anything other than IE.
  This is the main reason why WF2 is so unlikely to get even as much
use as XHTML1.1 (correctly used, not just cargo cult "it's better")
the degradation on the most important UA is frankly crap.

Jim.