[whatwg] Some questions to WF2

From: Olav Junker Kjr <olav@olav.dk>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 13:49:39 +0100
Thanks for all the answers!

 >>OTOH I think it is a bit strange that buttons support validation:
 >>validate(), validity, validationMessage etc. How can a button be
 >>invalid?
 >
 > This is mainly so that you can loop through the form.elements array
 > and not worry about checking that each control is not a button.

Okay, but then the output element should also support the validation
interface. I think it is confusing that elements which dont support
validation exposes e.g. the setCustomValidity() method. I would prefer a
flag isValidateable or something like that, which could be checked
before accessing the validation interface.

Olav Junker Kj?r