[whatwg] Web Forms 2.0 Feedback

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004, Matthew Raymond wrote:

>    Oh, I agree that for backwards compatibility sake, we need to support
> radio groups with no initial values. However, I see little reason not to
> recommend default radio buttons in either WF2 or WA1. (Probably the
> former.)

You mean give a suggestion to authors? The spec already says "Authors are
recommended to always have one radio button selected. Having no radio
buttons selected, or more than one in a group selected, is considered very
poor UI." but I don't know what else we can do.

>    That said, I really wish there were a way to [deprecate] the lack of
> a default, but the method of doing so escapes me at the moment.

Yeah, I don't really know how we could do that either.