Re: WebVR and DRM

And while we're on that topic, what do I know right? I'm a nobody. If only
there was smarter people with more gravitas who've voiced their opinion on
the matter...

Convincing them (the music industry) to license their music to Apple and
> others DRM-free will create a truly interoperable music marketplace. Apple
> will embrace this wholeheartedly.

Steve Jobs 2006

DRM causes too much pain for legitmate buyers. There are huge problems with
> DRM. People should just buy a cd and rip it. You are legal then.

Bill Gates, 2006

We believe that offering consumers the opportunity to buy higher quality
> tracks and listen to them on the device or platform of their choice will
> boost sales of digital music.

Eric Nicoli, CEO of EMI, 2007

I believe this proposal (DRM) is unethical and that we should not pursue it.

Ian Hickson, W3C HTML5 Editor, 2012

DRMs fundamentally add friction.

David Singer (yes you) 2013

 I agree with Robin; I don't know anyone who 'likes' DRM -- it's a pain in
> the neck for everyone concerned.

David Singer (yes you, again) 2013