Re: WebVR and DRM

Oh and I forgot to add 360° video for instance. Which youtube (and others)
implement with WebGL of course. It's never a terribly good idea to put a a
byzantine consortium making technical decisions in the way of those who
want to create good and innovative things. The inevitable effect is that
good and innovative things don't happen. Eventually the law will catch up
to the fact that DRM is just used to stifle innovation, erect barriers to
entry and exclude the competition. And when it does, all those who signed
those contracts will be as much on the hook as the content industry who
pushed DRM on everybody in the first place. I would be pretty uneasy if
there was a possibility my company could be found liable for an antitrust
violation of epic proportions, even if only a tiny fraction of that
liability would stick to any one defendant.