Re: RFP Q&A Period

Dear Christa,

I’m very happy to learn about your interest!

Please our responses inline.

> On 26 Nov 2019, at 01:28 , Christa Arriaga-Volker <ChristaAV@rwest.com> wrote:
>
> Hello w3 Team,
>
> Nice to virtually meet you all.
>
> Our agency has received your RFP and we are interested in submitting a proposal. We would love to take advantage of your open Q&A period.
>
>  • Are you able to share a desired budget range for this project?

The average cost estimate of $200,000 is based on figures I was given by people who are in the ecosystem. I would like vendors to propose what they recommend even if it exceeds $200,000.
From the RFP, please note the paragraph “We have an ambitious schedule. In responding to this RFP, bidders are asked to balance the target schedule, completeness, and quality - and identify trade offs where the tight schedule could impact completeness or quality.”

>  • How many languages are in scope for localization efforts for this site rebuild?

Regarding translations, currently our Press releases are consistently translated (a handful every year), some of our recommendations are translated by a community of volunteers. Ideally, we’d like our website to be translated in all languages but we do not have the manpower to translate over time. At least 4 to 6 languages (English, Japanese, Chinese, French, Spanish, German for example) would be great to start with; content to be supplied by us.

>  • Regarding MFA WebAuth, how many users will need to be considered for this functionality? At a high-level how many different permission based groups would need to be set-up?

There are 12,000 to 15,000 W3C user accounts.
The different access-levels are: public, Member, group, team, and possibly custom.

Thank you,
Coralie

--
Coralie Mercier  -  W3C Marketing & Communications -  https://www.w3.org