proposed WG charter

From: 田中 清 <tanaka.kiyoshi@lab.ntt.co.jp>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 15:06:38 +0900
To: public-websignage@w3.org
Dear,

I talked with W3M and it was pointed out that the readers might misunderstand
our APIs would run outside the Web browser to control the browser.
So, I was advised that our proposed charter should explain more
about what gaps new work needs to address, especially the gap with WebDriver.

As we discussed in Seoul meeting, we decided to concentrate on APIs
which are qused by Web-based Signage player in order
to get the device information and to control the device.

On the other hand, WebDriver provides the remote control interface,
so WebDriver can be a part of Web-based Signage player function.
This is my understanding.

I will revise the draft charter including the difference with WebDriver,
and will provide you for review.

If you have any opinion on WebDriver and any other related issue
with our proposed charter, please let me know.

Best regards,
Kiyoshi
---
Kiyoshi Tanaka, Ph.D.