RE: Some comments

Hi Futomi,

My comments about your comments :

6 Regions

…

sorry, I did not read

7 Scene content types

>I know PDF is *not" identical to an image file.

>But in terms of HTML, PDF is conceptually similar to an image file

>because the img element in a HTML document is allowed to

>embed an PDF file in itself.

I am not agree. PDF must be see like a document and not like an elementary media (image or video).

PDF can contain jpeg, font, signature, stamp, mp3, forms like a HTML page.

For example, our player (Playzilla) treat PDF like a HTML page with “PDF.JS” inside a iframe.

>As you mentioned, PDF have the slideshow mode. On the other hand,

>GIF can have similar capability using animations (i.e. animation GIF).

>I think that having the slideshow mode is not a matter in this context.

Why not, but GIF is an elementary media not a document.

W3C describes very well the kinds compound documents CDF by inclusion (pdf, epub, ms-powerpoint,..) and CDF by reference (HTML, RSS feeds,…)

>The document is "Core Profile".

>As described in the section "Abstract",

>it defines just requisite minimum for web-based signage.

>Most of existing signs don't need all features.

>We can define other features as other profiles.

>Actually, this BG has listed some profiles in the wiki.

> <http://www.w3.org/community/websignage/wiki/Main_Page#Profiles_for_Web-based_Signage_Player> http://www.w3.org/community/websignage/wiki/Main_Page#Profiles_for_Web-based_Signage_Player

Right.

But my point of view is that it is questionable to support “PDF format” in the core profile.

why not consider it in a more complete profile?

> 8 Playlist

>…But the "Core Profile" doesn't treat media files such as video, audio.

>Video and audio are planed to be defined in the "Basic Media Profile"

Right.

> 9 Scheduling

> >Why don’t advice full features of  iso8601

>> ( <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601) :

>Though the documents we are planning don't define the format,

>It seems to be really helplul. I didn't know it.

> >Repeated Date/Time Events with some examples :

> >On the top of every hour starting 9AM on January 1st, 2010

> >R/2010-01-01T09:00/PT1H

> >On midnight of each of the first 6 Mondays in the year 2010

> >R6/2010-01-01+w1/P1W

>It seems to be useful.

>How about we plan to make "Scheduling Profile" or

>"Scheduling Extension"?

Scheduling Profile : Indeed it would be a good idea

Sincerely,

Franck Dupin

Description : logo-innes

ZAC Atalante champeaux