Re: The title of the profile

From: 현욱 <whyun@etri.re.kr>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2013 11:54:19 +0000
To: Futomi Hatano <futomi.hatano@newphoria.co.jp>
CC: "<public-websignage@w3.org>" <public-websignage@w3.org>
Hi, Futomi.

I'm sincerely grateful to your hard work.

My answers is inline.

2013. 5. 18., 오후 5:32, Futomi Hatano <futomi.hatano@newphoria.co.jp>
 작성:

> Hi all,
>
> I proposed "Profiles for Web-based Signage Player" last month,
> I've been working on it.
> http://www.w3.org/community/websignage/wiki/Main_Page#Profiles_for_Web-based_Signage_Player

> My draft is almost done.
> I'll show you my draft in a few weeks.

Cool~! I'm really look forward to seeing it.

> But I'm not sure that the title is the best.
> Specifically, I'm not sure that "Player" is appropriate.
> When you hear the word "Player" in this context,
> what do you imagine? Hardware? displays? STBs?
> Is "Player" confusing?

I think it's appropriate to me.
Anyway, in my understanding, "player" reminds me of some kinds of software rather than hardware/display/STBs/

> How about dropping the word?
> "Profiles for Web-based Signage"
> I'd like to hear your opinions.

I vote to keep current title.
"Profile for Web-based Signage" looks like that it should cover signage server, log server and local server as well as terminal.

Cheers,