Re[2]: ??: Re[2]: Our next step: Web-based Signage Player Requirements

Hi Toshi,

Thanks for your ideas.

> -touch log
> I think that we can make the touch contents with the present HTML,
> Can we get the touch log easily?

Yes, easy to make it.

> how many times do you push the button, which screen how many times did
> you watch,,,

It's easy to determine how many times the buttons were touched.
I added a new profile "Interactive Menu Profile" at the Wiki.
http://www.w3.org/community/websignage/wiki/Main_Page#Interactive_menu_profile

I think it's really difficult to determine how many passerbys
viewed the sign for now.
Furthermore, I've heard that few people demand it
among digital-signage industry for now. (but I'm not sure ...)
It' given a low priority in my mind.

When digital-signage industry demands it strongly.
we'd better to start to consider it, I think.

> - play at the designated time
>  Is the word "playlist and scheduling" include play  at the designated
> time.

Yes.
* duration (seconds)
* datatime (YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss)
* time (hh:mm:ss)
, etc.

> -delivery specific device
>  There are a lot demand that delivery contents to specific device.
> Native App can get the information of devices.
> If Web can get it,we can realize delivery specific device.

Which do you mean deliveries from a contents delivery server to a sign,
or from a sign to a personal device?

If you mean deliveries from a contents delivery server to a sign,
I think contents delivery servers (maybe web servers) are
responsible for it.

If you mean deliveries from a sign to a personal device,
I think it is worth to consider.
But it' given a low priority in my mind for now,
because we should start at basic functions before it

> -Push Notification
>  I know Device function has push notification.
>  But Web has its function?

If you mean notificastions from a server to a sign,
it' worth to consider.
It can be used for emergency information.
Besides, it can be made using Web socket now.
I added it as "Emergency Information Profile" to the wiki.
http://www.w3.org/community/websignage/wiki/Main_Page#Emergency_Information_Profile

Cheers,
Futomi