Re: Use cases for web based signage.

Dear Futomi and all,

I appreciate for your reply. Can I reply line by line?
 >1. Displaying different contents according to a distance between a
signage and users.
> 2. Placing contents and buttons with considering the physical aspects of
users

It sounds like a guideline for designing contents something.
I couldn't infer any requirements from these proposals.
I agree with you in that these sounds like designing issues. Capturing an
end-user (R6) and Identifying an individual (R15) are relevant to the
proposals I think.
However, in this section, I would like to emphasize that a digital signage
should capture ambient information and reflect it in displaying contents to
provide better services.
In no.2, relocation of contents and user interface considering user
physical aspect is highlighted. I realized the importance of this when I
saw a child could not touch the menu button in a digital signage because it
is located far above his height.

> 3. Changing color of contents or brightness of screen depending on the
ambient illumination around the signage.

Regarding brightness of screen, it sounds like a matter of a hardware.
Regarding color of contents, I don't think that color is not important.
I think that contrast of color is more important in the context.
Even if so, it is a matter of a hardware, not of web technologies.
How do you think?
I think that color of content is important in product advertisements. There
are studies on effects of commercial lighting on product sales.
Changing brightness is regarded as a matter of a hardware. But I focused on
providing a mechanism to control the hardware in web technology.

Above proposals have something in common. "Change appearance of displayed
content of a digital signage in response to sensing ambient information of
the digital signage."
I think it is surely required to provide mechanisms that reflect changes of
ambient information to signage display.
> 4. Using multi-screen effects - Partial migration of web contents from
signage to mobile phone.

As you mentioned in your proposals, R9 covers it.
R9 covers synchronizing contents with other devices completely.
What I mean here is to provide rich user experiences through multi-screen
collaboration like 3 screen of amazon, while in R9 it is only said that
just synchronize contents between devices.
As a picture I draw in original proposal, a user stops at a signage and
watches a signage displaying a movie poster. He is interesting for the
movie and tries to connect the signage with his mobile phone.
Then the user gets detailed information of a movie from his mobile phone
while the signage presents a high level information like poster image. He
can get multidimensional information simultaneously.
When a content creator makes a signage content in web language, he can
write a script code that is not visible in a signage browser but visible in
a mobile browser when a mobile device accesses to the content.
How do you think of this?

Sincerely,

Gisung Kim