Re: Use case 1

On Tue, 03 Jul 2012 21:05:38 +0200, Futomi Hatano
<futomi.hatano@newphoria.co.jp> wrote:

Hi all,

> Thank you for your information, Chaals.
>
> Folks, I'd like to consider every possible way,and list all ways in the
> document.
> http://www.html5.jp/Web-based-Signage/Scenarios-and-Use-Cases/#use-case-making-contents-using-a-declarative-approach

I don't think we should try to list every possible way - and when we ask
the HTML, SVG and other groups there may be other ways we still didn't
think of. It is still a good idea to list the possibilities we see.

We need to make sure that we are looking at the requirements for the use
case, before coming up with the solution. It is surprisingly tempting to
come up with the solution first, and then extract requirements for that
solution. (I think it is an inherent risk in the way engineers like to
solve problems :) ).

> For now, there are three ways for Use case 1.
>
> * SMIL + new elements (proposed at the workshop)
> * SMIL in SVG (given by Chaals)
> * HTML5 data-* attributes + handling by JavaScript (my proposal)
>
> If you have any other ideas, please post your ideas.

A combination of timing based on SVG animation, <animate id="secondThing"
begin="firstThing.end"...> (I have used this for normal sequences and it's
easy, and I have done the parallel things by grouping), with javascript to
handle cases like swapping resources in and out. Although a lot of this
can already be done with normal SVG animation, actually.

cheers

Chaals

--
Chaals - standards declaimer