Re[2]: Gap analysis: SCXML (was Re: Gap analysis: SMIL)

On Mon, 10 Dec 2012 16:55:04 +0900
Kazuyuki Ashimura <ashimura@w3.org> wrote:

> Hi Futomi,
>
> Thank YOU very much for your leading the discussion and considering
> SCXML as well.

If there are no objections to including SCXML into the doc, I will do it.
How about if we wait for more opinions except you and me for a few days?

> BTW, I think my point is:
>
> - We should not restrict the possibilities of any existing
>    approaches/mechanisms including SCXML, CSS, SVG and SMIL, at this
>    stage, i.e., Gap Analysis.
>
> - We should not jump into technical details at this stage, though
>    detailed discussions on possible implementations/services should
>    follow.
>
> - We should involve all the stakeholders and get their opinions as
>    well.  For example, we should ask all the participants in the June
>    workshop [1] to provide their views.

Basically, I agree with you.
We should consider their opinions at the workshop.
But eventually, I'd like to give priority to this BG members (i.e. W3C members).

> Please note it seems some of the workshop participants, e.g., Innes,
> are not included in the public-websignage list.  So I'd suggest we ask
> them (=missing stakeholders) to join the list and provide their views.
>
> What do you think?

Agree.
I will welcome all signage operators.

Cheers,