Re: Two more issues for the tracker

Hi MarkFo, Yuri, Anton, All,

On 10 Sep 2014, at 21:01, mark a. foltz <mfoltz@google.com> wrote:

> (2) Can the web developer make any assumptions about the dimensions of the viewport for rendering the presentation?  For example must it be a minimum size, or must it match the aspect ratio of the display that is actually rendering the content?  I believe the aspect ratio constraint is the most important, but I could also see that a minimum size would help Web authors with layout and CSS.
> https://github.com/webscreens/presentation-api/issues/22

I think we should not specify any capability negotiation mechanism, and instead, should continue to train web developers to craft their web content in such a way that it can adapt to different screens, resolutions, aspect ratios and so forth.

To illustrate, if I happen to have my external screen tilted in its portrait orientation, I wouldn’t be very happy if some web content would refuse to be shown on my screen before I tilt it back to landscape.

Thanks,

-Anssi

[1] https://github.com/webscreens/presentation-api/issues/2