Re: Feedback on Pull Request - RE: Session cancellation and reconnection

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 2:02 AM, Rottsches, Dominik <
dominik.rottsches@intel.com> wrote:

> Hi Mark, Jonas,
>
> On Oct 21, 2014, at 12:04 AM, mark a. foltz <mfoltz@google.com> wrote:
>
> > I see there are good points to be made for the event-based and the
> Promises model.  And Dominic should certainly be a good resource on the
> appropriate use of Promises.
>
> > I can take the following item to move this forward:
> > - Draft a working version of the API with Promises to see if it is
> ergonomic from the developer's point of view.
>
> After Jonas’ feedback, I thought I would just merge your previous
> Promise-based pull request so that we can close the Promises/Events
> discussion, take a snapshot, move to the WG. If you have additional
> suggestions on how we can improve the ergonomics of the API, I’d say, let’s
> handle these as separate changes.

That seems perfectly fine.  I am working on an implementation of the
Promise-based API in my own GH repo and we can use it to get some feedback
on that flavor.

> I’ll be OoO for three weeks from tomorrow - in the meantime let’s proceed
> as Anssi outlined in a separate mail. If someone would like to propose
> changes during this time, these can be edited in individual forks - and we
> can proceed to merging after I am back.

Thanks for all your help in moving this forward!