Re: Feedback on Pull Request - RE: Session cancellation and reconnection

Hi Mark, Jonas,

On Oct 21, 2014, at 12:04 AM, mark a. foltz <mfoltz@google.com> wrote:

> I see there are good points to be made for the event-based and the Promises model.  And Dominic should certainly be a good resource on the appropriate use of Promises.

> I can take the following item to move this forward:
> - Draft a working version of the API with Promises to see if it is ergonomic from the developer's point of view.

After Jonas’ feedback, I thought I would just merge your previous Promise-based pull request so that we can close the Promises/Events discussion, take a snapshot, move to the WG. If you have additional suggestions on how we can improve the ergonomics of the API, I’d say, let’s handle these as separate changes.

I’ll be OoO for three weeks from tomorrow - in the meantime let’s proceed as Anssi outlined in a separate mail. If someone would like to propose changes during this time, these can be edited in individual forks - and we can proceed to merging after I am back.

Dominik