Re: Draft of Second Screen Presentation Working Group Charter available (was: Heads-Up: Plan for Working Group on Second Screen Presentation)

Hi MarkW,

On 15 May 2014, at 21:47, Mark Watson <watsonm@netflix.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 11:02 AM, mark a. foltz <mfoltz@google.com> wrote:
> MarkW,
>
> Lines 234-236 read  "The user agent is responsible for determining which secondary displays are compatible with the content that is requested to be shown through the API" which I think addresses your first suggestion.
>
> ​Pretty much, yes, except in the very narrow sense that my concern is to be clear that the availability of compatible displays can be discovered by the web page *before* requesting that content be shown, so as to drive the showing - or not - of the appropriate UI element.
>
> You could satisfy the text in 234-236 by having the UA return an error when a page tries to show incompatible content, but this would not be a great user experience.
>
> Anyway, I can live with the text as it stands for the proposed Charter​

I assume this concern has been addressed by the latest update to the Charter?

If you’d like to further clarify this in the Charter please feel free to suggest concrete text.

Thanks,

-Anssi