Re: Updated Presentation API WebIDL - call for review

I agree that interoperability makes the Presentation API much more
powerful.  This is a worthwhile goal.

However specifying the network protocol stack to enable Presentation API
use cases is a significant task and boils down into at least four separate
protocols that need to be defined:

(1) Discovery
(2) Connection establishment and transport, including message addressing,
security and authentication
(3) Application / media control protocol
(4) Media streaming

Some of these have existing standards that can be adapted, in other cases
new standards will have to be defined from scratch, and each of them have
various tradeoffs.  In order to keep momentum on the Presentation API, I
think working towards them in a separate forum (IETF? A sub-group of this
CG?) would enable parallel progress.

m.

--
http://wiki/Main/OnlyCheckEmailTwiceADay