Re: Finalizing Second Screen Presentation WG draft charter

On 6/9/14, 12:21 PM, "Kostiainen, Anssi" <anssi.kostiainen@intel.com>
wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>On 06 Jun 2014, at 11:49, Francois Daoust <fd@w3.org> wrote:
>
>> Hello participants of the Second Screen Presentation Community Group,
>>
>> I prepared a few additional updates to finalize the draft charter.
>>These updates mostly address W3C process requirements. They do not
>>affect the scope of the group in particular. Associated pull request:
>>  https://github.com/webscreens/charter/pull/7
>>  (see [1] below for a copy of the list of changes)
>>
>> I also updated the text on interoperability based on remarks from MarkF
>>and MarkW. The updated pull request is at:
>>  https://github.com/webscreens/charter/pull/6
>>
>> Once merged, these two pull requests create the following draft charter:
>>  http://tidoust.github.io/charter/
>>
>> Let me know if you have any concern with these changes, or remaining
>>concerns with the contents of the draft charter.
>>
>> If everything looks good, the idea is to move on with WG creation steps
>>mid next week, and ask W3C Management (W3M) for approval of the draft
>>charter. Note that's not the final step as the draft charter would then
>>need to be reviewed by the AC (see [2] for details).
>
>It seems weıve reached consensus on the changes contained in the two pull
>requests above, so I merged them. The updated proposed WG Charter is at:
>
>http://webscreens.github.io/charter/
>
>All - if you have any remaining concerns with the proposed WG Charter,
>please let us know on this list by the mid of this week.

Hi Anssi,

I donıt understand this sentence in the 4th paragraph of scope:

"In this scenario, the content to be displayed (or a URL to the content)
is sent to the secondary display to be rendered there.²

What is ³content to be displayed²? The previous paragraph already
distinguishes the case where the primary device renders the content and
sends a video stream to the secondary device. ³URL to the content² would
seem to mean a Web page, or perhaps a reference to an embedded application
on the secondary device along with a reference to some content, right? So,
what is the 3rd case ³content to be displayed²?

If Iıve been tracking the discussion, it seems there are only two cases:
1) URL that will be rendered on the primary device, which sends a video to
the secondary device, or 2) URL that will be rendered on the secondary
device.

Regards,
Bob Lund