Re: User agent context for rendering the presentation (was: Re: Google/Mozilla Presentation API update)

On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 4:16 PM, mark a. foltz <mfoltz@google.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 9:38 AM, Bassbouss, Louay
> <louay.bassbouss@fokus.fraunhofer.de> wrote:
>>
>> Since there is no  distinction between the 1UA and 2UAs case on API level,
>> it will be hard even impossible for developers to know which device API is
>> used (on which device).
>>

>> louay
>

> This seems to be a general issue with the Device Orientation and Device
> Motion APIs.  I don't think the Web author can assume that they are
> supported on all devices (since they may not have the appropriate sensors)
> and must code accordingly?
>
> In the worst case the presentation can query the appropriate APIs after
> motion- or orientation-controlled presentation will work or not.

The presentation API defines what to do when certain sensors are
missing. I forget the details of it, but it either nulls out some
properties, or prevents some events from firing, depending on exactly
which sensors are available. I think we should simply defer to the
device orientation spec here.

/ Jonas