Re: HTML Slidy remote - a Presentation API demo

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 5:41 AM, Rottsches, Dominik <
dominik.rottsches@intel.com> wrote:

> Hi Francois,
>
> > OK, that means Promises are supported, so no real need to update the
> Chromium build.
>
> Alright!

> > Both done. I managed to reproduce the blank screen on the Chromium build
> and fixed a couple of synchronization bugs in my code related to detecting
> when the receiver code is up and running. I do not know why these bugs did
> not show up in other situations but since they depended on how fast the
> code ran, it's not that surprising that it only showed up in certain
> contexts.
>
> Thank you! That fixed running your demo for me. I can now view and
> navigate the slides in the secondary window...

> altogether.

> a regular Google Chrome on a Mac?
> >>
> >> On Release Chrome, unfortunately not, the window opens, and the title
> changes to HTML Slidy Receiver (so, it’s certainly loading something), but
> then it stays white. But I can debug it and look into what’s going on
> tomorrow for a while as well, no worries.
> >
> > Hopefully the latest version addressed the "blank screen" issue.
> >
> > I still could not test the Chromium build with a proper second screen as
> I do not have one at hand right now.
>
> …however, my Chromium build with the Presentation API simulation does not
> open on the secondary screen yet. I will try to find out why that is. It
> might be that our implementation is incomplete for the case where the
> window.open happens asynchronously, decouple from the click event.

Dominik,

If you would like any help porting your patches to a more recent version of
Chromium please let me or Anton know.   If you have a @chromium.org account
you can upload them here and it will be easy for us to patch them in.
 Otherwise just send an archive.

https://codereview.chromium.org/

m.