Re: Heads-Up: Plan for Working Group on Second Screen Presentation

Hi Philip, All,

On 23 Apr 2014, at 11:33, Philipp Hoschka <ph@w3.org> wrote:

> There was big interest in enabling second screen applications at the recent Web+TV workshop
> http://www.w3.org/2013/10/tv-workshop/
>
> Given this, and the good progress in the Second Screen Presentation CG, we seem to have enough momentum to bring the work of this CG into W3C standardization, that is, form a Working Group.

I’m happy to hear there’s wider interest in the web standards community for the topics this group is working on, and think this is the right direction and time for the next steps. Today we have 45 participants in the group, including many major browser vendors.

> I discussed this idea with some of you, and received very positive feedback, including a volunteer for charter writing :)

I’d propose the group to consider using the current CG charter [1] as a starting point for the WG charter *drafting*. Unless I hear concerns, I’d be happy to start drafting the WG charter with Dominik and share the initial draft with the group participants on the group’s GitHub open for your review and contributions.

> Based on this, we will send a notice of "work in progress" on this soon to the W3C Advisory Committee, but I thought I'd give the group a heads-up first.

Thanks Philipp for informing the group this early in the process.

> -Philipp Hoschka,
> Ubiquitous Web Domain Leader, W3C

Thanks,

-Anssi