Re: Call for Consensus (CfC): WebRTC-NV Use Cases

With the CfC period over, lets see if we can winnow some wheat from this and perhaps retry with better wording in the new year.

> On 1 Dec 2021, at 21:07, Bernard Aboba <Bernard.Aboba@microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> It seems to me that requirements N30, N31, N32, N35, N37, N38 may possibly be met without new APIs. For example, N30 and N32 can be accomplished via additional signaling,

Only if the web app is notified by the user agent/os what is happening. At the moment a GSM call is indistinguishable from the user pressing a hardware mute button.

> N31 can be accomplished by downloading the hold music prior to the interruption,

True, but the remote webRTC party (not receiving the call) does not know what has happened, except that the stream has been muted.
A flag or indicator along with mute would be useful here to allow them to know that communication is paused, but may be reestablished.

> N33 seems like it would require support for link local name resolution facilities beyond what is commonly implemented in most operating systems.

I was more thinking of a pickle/unpickle capability permitting the _reuse_ of the last set of valid ICE credentials etc.

But we are digging down into the _how_ not the what and why.