Re: getThisTabMedia

There is life outside of the videoconferencing world.. :)

This API could be used to replace cobrowsing, when a user starts a PC to
share the contents of the current page to get support from a remote
agent for example. It would be also interesting to be able to create a
OBS like broadcasting editor, when you can switch/mix different sources
to create a video feed. Last, but not least, for videoconferences, you
could use it for rebroadcast current conference to a webrtc-cdn for
reaching massive scale (not that I have an immediate use for this ;)

While I find this interesting, as it will eliminate the potential error
of choosing the wrong tab by having to manually pick it (especially
interesting for the remote use case), I am wondering if we could enhance
it by allowing to specify concrete DOM elements to be capture or regions
of the visible window.

For example on the OBS-like video editor, you could choose to only share
the region of the resulting  composition window, but not the controls.

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b9/OBS...

Also, it could be interesting to be able to capture at a different
resolution than the displayed one. For example in the previous example,
it would be interesting to be able to capture a 4K stream from the
composition window without having to actually display a 4K element (i.e.
you could display the element with a zoom style of 25%, but capture full
size).

Best regards
Sergio