[webrtc-stats] rtcp stats - should we measure rtcp bytes sent/received (#536)

From: Philipp Hancke via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 11:56:29 +0000
To: public-webrtc@w3.org
fippo has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/webrtc-stats:

== rtcp stats - should we measure rtcp bytes sent/received ==
we have [reportsReceived](https://w3c.github.io/webrtc-stats/#dom-rtcremoteinboundrtpstreamstats-reportsreceived) and [reportsSent](https://w3c.github.io/webrtc-stats/#dom-rtcremoteoutboundrtpstreamstats-reportssent) but those are the only ones that describe low level rtcp overhead.
Defining the number of packets sent is quite complex (how does a compound packet get counted?) but the number of rtcp bytes sent and received should be easy to measure.

This would allow calculating an rtcp/rtp overhead ratio which should be pretty low (<5% by some specs)

For ease of opinion counting please add :+1: :-1: and :confused: for "yeah we should do this but it is so terribly boring"

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webrtc-stats/issues/536 using your GitHub account