Re: DataChannels and Streams: Anything for TPAC?

As I said in Stockholm, I think allowing data channels in service workers opens up some huge
opportunities.

Specifically I’m interested in the ability to use the two to facilitate web-services from behind NAT.

Combining the data channel’s NAT traversal with service worker’s ability to present pages to the
browser as if they had been fetched over http(s) allows devices behind NAT to act as web servers.

My feeling is that this presents a major opportunity for a more decentralised web.

I’d be happy to present this if there is interest (and a guest invite).

Tim.