Re: Call for adoption - WEBRTC-QUIC

> On 29. Nov 2018, at 21:50, Justin Uberti <juberti@google.com> wrote:
>
> These requirements are from 2011. The point here was to point out that we previously deemed that WebRTC was an appropriate forum to build a generic p2p data transport, and we seem to have done a very good job of it, so this is as good of a venue as any to do any future work.
Ahh, OK.

> Of course, in 2018, we have new requirements, which others have pointed out (e.g., breadth of implementations, 0-RTT, combined media/data CC). There are many possible ways we can approach these requirements, and we can try more than one. Regardless, I think the QUIC proposal seems to address the old and new requirements, and as such is worth pursuing.
If wanted, we can also improve the SCTP based data channels (0-RTT seems the be a low hanging fruit),
CC is most of the time transport protocol independent. Managing RTP over SCTP streams seems similar
to RTC over an extension of QUIC...

So if it is clear what to do, one can evolve the SCTP based data channels in that direction.

Best regards
Michael