Re: Call for adoption - WEBRTC-QUIC

Based on Harald's description (below), I am in favor of adopting this work.
I believe that a low-level unreliable transport API with built-in security
and bandwidth management would address many existing and novel use cases,
and while we don't yet have all the answers, we have a credible starting
point that we can iterate on.

My personal read is that adoption as a WG document means that "we have
consensus that there is a problem here that needs solving, the problem is
within the scope of this WG, and this document is a start on the way to
solving it".

Regarding the arguments against:
1) "QUIC is too new." QUIC has matured significantly over the past 18
months, and if we wait for QUIC to be done before we start, we will
probably lose the ability to make important changes.
2) "This is the wrong working group." Maybe, but I can't think of another
WG that would have the same need for unreliable transport; we have many
interested parties in this WG. In any case, if we decide another forum is
better, moving to another venue is straightforward.
3) "Existing technology X already does everything that QUIC can do."
Perhaps, but this has been said about QUIC multiple times already (e.g. TCP
Fast Open). I think QUIC has enough novel behaviors that it's worth
exploring further.

Respectfully,
Justin