Re: Getting rid of SDP

> On Mar 5, 2018, at 3:46 PM, Sergio Garcia Murillo <sergio.garcia.murillo@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 05/03/2018 23:22, Peter Thatcher wrote:
>> If you want to send media over QUIC or do your own crypto between encode and network (perhaps over some low-level RTP transport), then you need access to media after its encoded and before it's decoded.
>
> Peter, one side-question, how do you envision that media over quic should be used? Do you plan to encapsulate RTP over quic or just send each full frame over a single quic stream? Just trying to imagine what api surface should the encoders/decoders expose.
>
> Best regards
>
> Sergio

My view of this is RTP has lots of app level stuff and lots of transport level stuff. Unfortunately, when you do RTP over QUIC, all the transport level stuff conflicts with the QUIC transport stuff and it is a mess. So I lead to something closer to the raw encoder packets plus the needed app level metadata over QUIC.