Re: WebRTC NV Use Cases

On Mon, Jun 18, 2018 at 11:23 AM Mészáros Mihály <misi@niif.hu> wrote:

> You are right it is low latency audio and video.
>
> The key how low it could be. Ultra low latency is important for performing
> arts.
>
> Requirements what I could think about is to turning off the jitter buffer
> totally, raw audio codec, (may skip encryption), no packet checksum
> counting, so to avoid anything that could add any latency.

I don't think "turning off the jitter buffer" is really well-defined, but I
can imagine exposing an explicit setting to limit the jitter buffer length
or increase the acceptable loss rate due to late packets.

Also, you may need sub-frame video, if you care about video latency.  That
can affect all the video processing APIs: anything that would pass a frame
(raw or compressed) would need to be able to pass a fraction of a frame.