Re: WebRTC NV Use Cases

From: Mészáros Mihály <bakfitty@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 12:35:47 +0200
To: public-webrtc@w3.org
> On June 19-20 the WebRTC WG will be holding a face-to-face meeting in Stockholm, which will focus largely on WebRTC NV.
>
> Early on in the discussion, we would like to have a discussion of the use cases that WebRTC NV will address.
>
> Since the IETF has already published RFC 7478, we are largely interested in use cases that are either beyond those articulated in RFC 7478, or use cases in the document that somehow can be done better with WebRTC NV than they could with WebRTC 1.0.
>
> As with any successful effort, we are looking for volunteers to develop a presentation for the F2F, and perhaps even a document.

Hi,

Let me add one possible WebRTC Use Case: Ultra Low Latency audio/ video
for musical performances and other performing arts with WebRTC
Tuned WebRTC stack for ultra low latency.

SW/HW solution that we use actually to solve the use case
e.g.

  * http://www.ultragrid.cz/
  * https://www.garr.it/en/communities/music-and-art/lola

Read more on tools and use case on https://npapws.org/ :