WebRTC NV use case Mobility and cost of access

From: Göran Eriksson AP <goran.ap.eriksson@ericsson.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2018 22:21:54 +0000
To: W3C WEBRTC <public-webrtc@w3.org>
Hi,

Reading the use case document, including references, the question about how the UA get to know the cost of the Internet access comes to my mind that just want to get 100% clear before the face2face next week.

In one solution, the web app acquires this cost information and provides it to the [ICE agent in] UA via a JS API.

Is this the assumed option or are there other alternatives assumed/considered. If so which and what 'observability and control' of the this will be provided to the web site (and the user)?

I expect all of us are aware that the 'simple' way to figure out the cost in the device by just looking at the 'interface type'="cellular" is not enough. We need for instance to take into account there being/coming license free cellular access networks as well as licensed networks with "all-U-can-eat".

Regards

Göran