Re: Some ideas on SVC support in WebRTC 1.0 (Take 2)

On Wed, 4 Jul 2018 at 01:59, Bernard Aboba <Bernard.Aboba@microsoft.com>
wrote:

> [BA] If the desire is to make things as simple as possible, could we do
> something like this?
>

> var encodings = [
>   {
>     rid: "L0",
>     temporalLayers: 2,
>
>     spatialLayers: 3
>
>  }
>

> The advantage of this approach is that the developer can't choose a
> nonsensical value of scaleFramerateDownBy.

Absolutely. The question is: is that enough? I hope it is.

Basically the RtpSender is given a MediaStreamTrack ad the app can already
request some constraints for that track (assuming video) such as frame rate
and resolution. Having that and also `temporalLayers` and `spatialLayers`
for generating layers of less quality is good enough IMHO.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc@aliax.net>