Re: status of webrtc-quic

The QUIC API for WebRTC[4] was originally developed by the ORTC CG as part of the ORTC specification [5].

Peter Thatcher presented it to the WebRTC WG at last year's TPAC meeting in SFO [1].  So as to make it easier for the WEBRTC WG to evaluate, the QUIC-related sections of the ORTC specification were broken out into a separate specification using respec boilerplate which referred to the WEBRTC WG, rather than the ORTC CG.

Feedback on WebRTC-QUIC and WebRTC-ICE was subsequently solicited from the WEBRTC WG on the mailing list [2], at the January 11, 2018 Virtual Interim meeting [3] and also at the F2F meeting in Stockholm.

As you noted, at the Stockholm WEBRTC WG meeting, there was no consensus to adopt WebRTC-QUIC.  The minutes do show interest in further work relating to ICE.

So it appears to me that WebRTC-QUIC is currently a work item of the ORTC CG and probably should have its boilerplate modified to indicate that status.  WebRTC-ICE also has WebRTC WG boilerplate, but it is not related to work in the ORTC CG.

[1] Presentation: https://www.w3.org/2011/04/webrtc/wiki/images/8/8a/WebRTCWG-2017-TPAC.pdf  (starting at slide 82)
Minutes: http://www.w3.org/2017/11/06-webrtc-minutes.html#item24

[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webrtc/2018Jan/0037.html [3] https://www.w3.org/2018/01/11-webrtc-minutes#item05 [4] https://w3c.github.io/webrtc-quic/ [5] http://draft.ortc.org/