Re: WebRTC don't send TURN REQUESTED-ADDRESS-FAMILY attribute => Even if TURN allocation sent on IPv6, then an IPv4 address will be allocated.

Den 22. aug. 2018 16:00, skrev Mészáros Mihály:
> Hi,
>
> According my experiences WebRTC implementations don't send any
> REQUESTED-ADDRESS-FAMILY STUN/TURN attribute.
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6156#section-4.1.1
>
> If the REQUESTED-ADDRESS-FAMILY attribute is absent, the server MUST
> allocate an IPv4-relayed transport address for the TURN client.
>
> This way TURN servers will allocate IPv4 address even if the Allocation
> request sent on IPv6 connection to the TURN server.

This is completely reasonable behavior when the destination is on an
IPv4 network and the requestor is on an IPv6-only network; it's a way to
do v6/v4 interworking.

> I think this may cause confusion in developers and so we should make it
> configurable in WebRTC API.
> Do you aware of this?
> What is your opinion?

I agree that it should be possible to request the TURN server to
allocate IPv6 addresses, and since this is new behavior, it needs a
control knob.