RE: Temporal and spatial scalability support on RTCRtpEncodingParameters

From: Bernard Aboba <Bernard.Aboba@microsoft.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2017 22:15:23 +0000
To: Iņaki Baz Castillo <ibc@aliax.net>
CC: Sergio Garcia Murillo <sergio.garcia.murillo@gmail.com>, "public-webrtc@w3.org" <public-webrtc@w3.org>
Iņaki said:

"Agreed with this."

[BA] The dependencyEncodingIds approach potentially provides more flexibility in the case of spatial scalability, since you could potentially specify the maximum temporal and spatial layers that can be encoded.
However, AFAIK Ortc Lib doesn't support spatial scalability yet and if we're only talking about controlling temporal scalability I'm not sure how much is added by specifying the maximum number of temporal layers
versus saying "do temporal encoding up to the maximum number of layers supported by the encoder".