'remoteTrackId' added to transceiver

From: Stefan Håkansson LK <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2017 09:27:47 +0000
To: WebRTC WG <public-webrtc@w3.org>
Hi all,

yesterday we merged a PR [1] that introduced a 'remoteTrackId' readonly
attribute on the RTCRtpTransceiver. This property is intended to reflect
the id signaled in the (latest) SDP exchange for the received track (if
any) on the RTCRtpTransceiver. As you know the application can nowadays
create an RTCRtpTransceiver, which in turn has an RTCRtpReceiver with a
track, before any SDP exchanges. That track has an 'Id', which does (of
course) not reflect what is eventually signaled in the SDP, and since
the Id of a track is immutable it can't be updated once SDPs are exchanged.

The 'remoteTrackId' can be viewed in context at [2].

While we think this addition make a lot of sense we realize that we may
have acted a bit quickly here. Please let us know if you think more
discussion is needed.

Stefan

[1] https://github.com/w3c/webrtc-pc/pull/1567
[2]