[webrtc-pc] When is the dtmf attribute in RTCRtpSender be set?

From: Soares Chen via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2017 05:27:45 +0000
To: public-webrtc@w3.org
soareschen has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/webrtc-pc:

== When is the dtmf attribute in RTCRtpSender be set? ==
I am preparing to write tests for the DTMF section, which require obtaining an instance of `RTCDTMFSender`. The `dtmf` field in `RTCRtpSender` is defined to be nullable. This leaves a few questions:

- Can the `dtmf` attribute be initially null and then become not null at a later time?

- The only place DTMF support is mentioned in JSEP is when setting remote description with m= section having telephone-event lines. Does this means under that condition we can expect `sender.dtmf` to be set?

- When calling methods such as `addTransceiver('audio')`, can we expect the returned `sender.dtmf` to be set?

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webrtc-pc/issues/1415 using your GitHub account