[webrtc-pc] Setting a pranswer should change RTCRtpTransceiver's currentDirection

From: Taylor Brandstetter via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 17:02:43 +0000
To: public-webrtc@w3.org
taylor-b has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/webrtc-pc:

== Setting a pranswer should change RTCRtpTransceiver's currentDirection ==
>From PR #1321, we have an explicit step for changing the `currentDirection` attribute:

> If *description* is of type "answer", set *transceiver*'s [[CurrentDirection]] slot *direction*.

But this should apply to "pranswers" as well. JSEP says `currentDirection` returns the direction in the last applied answer, and a "pranswer" is a type of answer. Plus, logically `currentDirection` is meant to represent the direction "in effect" - the one that the media plane cares about. And setting a "pranswer" does affect the media send/recv status, so it would be logically consistent to have it affect `currentDirection`.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/webrtc-pc/issues/1394 using your GitHub account