A19 - Was: Re: Review of May 15 WebRTC 1.0 draft -

> On Jun 7, 2017, at 2:14 AM, Taylor Brandstetter <deadbeef@google.com> wrote:
>

>   A19             The web API must provide means for the web
>                    application to indicate the type of audio signal
>                    (speech, audio) for audio stream(s) / stream
>                    component(s).
>
> Is this satisfied by the ability to disable voice activity detection? This sounds a lot like MediaStreamTrack content hints. Maybe we could consider adding that feature to WebRTC 1.0.

Yah, I think this was meant to get at exactly what  https://wicg.github.io/mst-content-hint/#audio-content-hints does.

That allows the codec to have a much better idea about how to encode the media. I'd be in favor of adding that to the appropriate specs.