Re: Idea: "Enable" function for stats members?

I agree with the concerns you're raising.

But on the solution, I think forcing people to declare what they're
going to use is laborious. Also, what they declare and what they end up
using may still differ (e.g. they cut'n'paste some "turn on everything"
boilerplate from stackoverflow or wherever).

Instead, we could learn exactly what they're using by putting getters in
the objects in the map.

Firefox does this already on the map object itself, to detect legacy use
(see deprecation warning in web console): http://jsfiddle.net/jib1/spbhgx36/

This might be a bigger change to the spec than implementations, as it
might mean converting the dictionaries to interfaces...

.: Jan-Ivar :.