Re: Issue 1021: get/setParameters does not have a parameter for packetization interval

I'd think that only the "fmtp" parameters that *don't* "identify a media
format configuration" could be modified. For example, for H.264,
"profile-level-id" and "packetization-interval" are described as
identifying the media format configuration.

So, continuing that example, getCapabilities should return every
combination of "profile-level-id" and "packetization-mode" that's
supported, and setCodecPreferences can reorder them. But
setCodecPreferences can't include a codec dictionary with a combination
that wasn't present in getCapabilities.

Something I'm just noticing, though, is that RTCRtpCodecCapability only has
a "mimeType" field. I don't see how this is sufficient, even for basic
reordering use cases; how can an application say it prefers a codec with a
specific number of channels, or clock rate, or "profile-level-id" as in the
above example? Or is that just something we decided not to support?

On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 12:37 PM, Bernard Aboba <Bernard.Aboba@microsoft.com